- About Us
Principal's Foreword School Information Our History Our Principals Vision & Mission Our Values (3R2C1I) School Song Centre for Teaching and Learning Excellence Heritage Gallery
- Our Team
- Life @ YI
School Safety CCAs Information CCE Cyber Wellness Values In Action 1:1 Computing Student Leadership Applied Learning Programme Students' Conference Staff Activities Gallery
- Our Partners
SAC YI-Blossom (PSG) YI-Blossom Org Chart Chairman's Message YI-Blossom Activities 2016 YI Blossom Activities 2015 YI-Blossom Activities 2017
- Student Matters
School Rules Curriculum Timetable LMS AskNLearn Book appointment with ECG Counsellor HeyMath! EL Portal DSA Sexuality Education School Calendar Student Attire SCHOOLBAG
Media Computing (MEC) Competition 2017
The Media Computing Competition is organised annually by the Computer Education Unit, Science Branch, Curriculum Planning and Development Division (CPDD), Ministry of Education.
The competition seeks to provide a platform to showcase students’ work, develop students’ interest in media design, and improve students’
communication and presentation skills. It is open to Computer Applications (CPA) students from the Normal (Technical) and Normal (Academic) Streams.
Media Computing is part of the Computer Applications (CPA) curriculum in which students from the Normal Technical stream learn programming knowledge to create animations and games using the software, Scratch.
This year’s theme was “healthy Living”. Students were to create a game that promotes healthy living. Some ideas included choice of food, exercise or lifestyle changes.
Khairul Izzan B Razali from 3/4 has done the school proud and won one of the ten Gold Awards in Singapore for the CPA Media Computing Competition this year. He qualified for the Oral Presentation round where he presented his work to a panel of judges to win one of the three Platinum Awards. Khairul did well for the Oral Presentation and received the Platinum Award for Category B - Game Making.
Khairul Izzan B Razali, from Class 3/4 was one of the top 10 recipients to receive the Gold and Platinum Award.
Khairul winning the Gold Award
Khairul winning the Platinum Award
Khairul after the Oral Presentation Judging session
Screenshot 1 of Khairul's winning Game entry
Screenshot 2 of Khairul's winning Game entry
It was a proud moment for Khairul as well as his CPA teachers Mr Foo And Mdm Ow-Yong who had worked hard with the students for the competition. It was a great experience for both teachers and students.
We look forward to this competition again next year!
- MEC Competition 2016 - Animation category 26 August 2016
- Let’s Bread & Roll Competition 2016 (23 July 2016)
- National Youth Business Challenge 2016
- Division 3 Debating Championships
- National Arts Education Award 2015
- Outstanding Performance at National Public Speaking Competition 2015
- Media Computing Competition 2015
- Achievement of Ex-Yusoffian in Nanyang Polytechnic
- CCA Achievements 2015
- Achievement of Ex-Yusoffian in Republic Polytechnic
- Malay Essay Writing Contest "Peraduan Pena Emasku 2014"
- Awards in Media Computing Competition 2014
- Achievement of Ex-Yusoffian in School of Business Management, Nanyang Polytechnic
- Aero Challenge 2015
- 14th National Secondary School Chinese Creative Writing Competition 2016
- Yusoffian featured in the press for securing place in Republic Polytechnic under Early Admission Exercise (EAE) - 20 September
- Scholarship Recipient
- Arif Budiman Malay Language Teacher Award
- Yusoffian featured in Channel NewsAsia upon release of O-Level results
- NPCC UOPA 2016
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Math Challenge 2017
- Singapore and Asian Schools Math Olympiads
- Singapore Mathematical Olympiad 2017
- Ngee Ann Poly Math Challenge 2017
- Singapore Junior Physics Olympiad 2017
- Most Improved Student and PJC Colours Award (Sports) 2014
- 10th National Chinese Short Film Competition for Secondary Schools 2017
- National Children Chinese Story Writing Competition
- 2017 National On-the-Spot Chinese Story Writing Competition
- Pena Emasku 2017
- Media Computing (MEC) Competition 2017
- Australian Mathematics Competition 2017