2017 DIRECT SCHOOL ADMISSION – SECONDARY (DSA-SEC) EXERCISE FOR ADMISSION TO SECONDARY ONE (S1) IN 2018
Yusof Ishak Secondary School’s Distinctive Programmes are:
Learning for Life Programme:
History & Heritage through Arts & Music (H2eArts in Tune) Programme, and
Applied Learning Programme:
Programme for Authentic Science, Technology and Environmental Learning (PASTEL)
Yusof Ishak Secondary School (YISS) welcomes Primary 6 students to participate in the Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise. Applicants must satisfy the selection criteria stated in Part 2 (a) and (b). He/she must also wish to contribute to the Yusoffian family.
Under this exercise, successful applicants will gain admission into YISS for the academic year beginning January 2018.
Part 1: Application Procedure
1. Application forms can be downloaded here from 3 July 2017 to 24 August 2017.
2. All application forms must be duly completed and submitted by hand only (between Mon to Fri 0800 hrs – 1700 hrs) to:
Yusof Ishak Secondary School General Office
11 Bukit Batok Street 25, S(658712)
3. All application forms must be submitted together with the following documents:
a. Copies of academic results of Primary 5 and Primary 6 for verification of conduct.
b. Certificates obtained through representation at SYF Central Judging / Local / Overseas Competitions (if any).
c. Certificates of achievement obtained from performing arts institutions and examination boards (if any).
d. Samples of Art portfolio and drawings (if any)
e. Other letter(s) of recommendation based on competency and achievements in instrument/voice/dance/drama from performing arts institutions/ instructors/schools (if any).
f. Copy of Certificate of achievement in maths and/or science competitions/events (if any).
4. Application via post, fax and/or electronic mail will NOT be accepted.
5. The deadline for submission is 24 August 2017 at 5 pm. Applications received after this deadline will NOT be accepted.
6. Incomplete applications and those without supporting documents will not be considered.
7. Short-listed applicants will be required to attend an interview and/or audition by the Selection Panel from 17 July to 31 August 2017.
Part 2: Selection Criteria
Applicants must fulfil criteria (a) and (b). In addition, please indicate your participation/contributions in external competitions/events (if any).
a. Obtained a Conduct of ‘Good’ or better in Primary 5 and Primary 6.
b. Demonstrated evidence of experience in arts
performances, competitions or achievement in the areas of maths and science
c. Short-listed candidates will be required to attend an interview and/or audition.
Part 3: Results of DSA Offer/Allocation
All applicants will be informed on the outcome of their application by 31st August 2017 by post. The school reserves the right not to disclose the reasons for non-selection of an applicant.
For more information about the DSA Exercise, you may visit MOE website at: