Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 9.38.08 AM.pngSLS.png
Home > Useful Links > Contact Us > FAQ


How do I travel to school by public transport?

Please refer to the Contact Us

How do I contact the school?

Please refer to the Contact Us


Who is eligible for the Edusave Account?

Every Singaporean student at the primary or secondary level in the Government or Government-aided schools (GGAS) will receive an annual contribution to his Edusave account in January of the year.


How much is my child entitled to?

Each student receives an annual Edusave contribution of $200 at primary level and $240 at the secondary level. The Edusave account can be used to pay for approved fees and enrichment programmes. Under exceptional circumstances, the one-off grant may also be paid into the Edusave accounts of eligible students.


How can my child make use of the money in his Edusave account?

The school will seek the parents’ consent to deduct from his Edusave account to pay for enrichment programmes organized by the school. Parents are strongly encouraged to establish Edusave Fee Standing Orders to use their children’s Edusave accounts to pay for the 2nd tier miscellaneous fees. For more details on the 2nd tier miscellaneous fees, please refer to the FAQs under School & Miscellaneous Fee.


Can my child use his Edusave account money to pay for exam fees, uniforms and textbooks?

No, he cannot. Edusave accounts are a form of Government subsidy to Singaporean students at primary and secondary levels to meet their educational expenditure. Students in all GGAS may use their Edusave accounts to pay for approved fees and charges for programmes and activities organized by the schools which contribute to enhancements in teaching and learning.

If financial assistance is required for exam fees, uniforms and textbooks, the child can approach the school to apply for financial assistance.


What will happen if my child withdraws from a programme paid by Edusave?

If a student withdraws from a programme, he may forfeit the refund because the school still needs to make payment to the programme supplier, or as a penalty to discourage willful absence. Schools may refund to the Edusave account if there is the legitimate reason for the withdrawal and the programme supplier is not charging the school.


How can I find out the balance in my child’s Edusave account?

In February each year, MOE will send the annual Edusave statement directly to all account holders. It will list all transactions from February in the previous year to January in the current year, including interest credited.

Parents can check the available balance in their account and the amount and date of the last Edusave contribution through the  Edusave Phone Enquiry System at telephone number 6260 0777 .


What will happen to the Edusave account balance when my child leaves school?

If your child is below 16 years old, he will continue to keep his Edusave account. Once he reaches 16 years old and is not studying in a government secondary school or junior college, his Edusave balance will be transferred to his Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA). He can use his PSEA to pay for approved fees and charges in approved educational institutions.